The following Terms & Conditions apply to all contracts between Lune Valley Crockery Hire & the hirer by paying the invoice associated with hire it is deemed that all terms & conditions have been acknowledged and are adhered to.
1. All equipment remains the property of the owner, Lune Valley Crockery Hire, Unit 3 Newton Holme Business Centre, Carnforth, LA6 2NZ
2. It is the responsibility of the Customer to collect the Hire Goods from the Company and return them to the Company at the end of the Hire Period. If the Company agrees to deliver or collect the Hire Goods to and/or from the Customer it will do so at its stated delivery cost dependent on area and such delivery and/or collection will form part of the Services. All delivery & collection times including weekend must be negotiated prior to the goods going out.
Please note if the customer collects the goods a valid driving licence & insurance document to cover the transportation of the goods on hire must be presented prior to collection.
3. The Customer or the customers representative must be present when the Hire Goods are delivered by the Company and the Customer/representative must check & sign for delivery of all such Hire Goods.
4. Loss or damage of any goods whilst on hire remain the sole responsibility of the hirer, the company will operate a discretionary approach to breakages & loss, however in the event of loss or damage deemed to be beyond the accepted discretionary level, the customer will be charged the full replacement costs and these charges are payable on the due date of the invoice. If a damage deposit has been taken, the cost will be deducted from the deposit with the remainder being refunded back to the hirer. Full lists of charges are available on request.
5. The Customer shall return all glass crates and other storage boxes supplied by the Company. Failure to return these items to the Company will result in a charge for their full replacement value being made against the Customer.
6. Lune Valley Crockery Hire accepts no responsibility for any loss or injury caused by the use of any of the equipment whilst on hire.
7. All charges are for a minimum of a 1–3 day hire this includes 1 day prior to the event and the following day after the event, unless the event takes place over a weekend. In which case the equipment must be returned /collected on the Monday immediately following. Terms for a longer period of hire are to be negotiated prior to collection/delivery.
8. Wash up charge is included in the hire price, however it is important that food is scraped from crockery and wherever possible cutlery is soaked to avoid staining from acidic foods. All items must be well packed in the storage boxes provided with dirty glasses being placed the right way up and plates stacked in the correct boxes to avoid un-packing and re-packing prior to transportation which could result in further costs to the hirer.
9. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing 14 days before the good are due to go out.
In the event of a cancellation a rebate of hire charges will be allowed as follows:-
- 14 days or more prior to delivery – no charge
- Up to 10 days of delivery – 30% hire cost
- Up to 5 days of delivery – 50% hire cost
- Up to 48hrs of delivery – full hire cost
10. A minimum deposit of £100 or the full amount of the hire charges (whichever is the greater) will be payable on receipt of the order. With the balance of the order being payable 14 days prior to the date of the hire.
11. A £50 damage deposit will be taken at the time of invoicing & held against loss/damage. This will only be refunded when all the goods have been returned and after being checked back into stock.
12. Any private customer wishing to organise their own transport must be fully insured against loss or damage and must produce evidence of their insurance on demand.
14. Payment terms for account customers are strictly 14 days net. Any invoice outstanding beyond this period will be referred to a collection agency and will be subject to a surcharge to cover the collection costs incurred. This surcharge together with all other charges and legal fees incurred will be the responsibility of the customer and will be legally enforceable. All non-account customers’ payments must be made and cleared 14 days before the any goods are delivered.
15. Lune Valley Crockery Hire work hard to represent our products on this website as accurately as possible, but as each viewing device is calibrated and may display differently, we cannot provide any guarantees regarding accuracy.
16. All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT for the current time. Any change to this will be notified in writing at least 14 days before payment is due.
17. Delivery Charges will vary by area; whilst we will do our best to keep costs to a minimum, we recommend you contact us by email to enquire as to the cost for delivery to your venue. Delivery within a 15mile radius of our HQ (LA6 2NZ) is free of charge.